The Guide to Giving
The Guide to Giving provides answers to questions that arise in conversations with thoughtful, creative givers like you. The Guide explores topics including:
• Is charitable giving important to me?
• Do I want to give many small gifts or fewer large gifts?
• How long do I want the impact of my gifts to last?
• Which types of gifts are best for me: cash, stock, insurance policies, in-kind, etc.?
• Should I consider a bequest in my will?
• Is my legacy something I care about?
A print newsletter that features interviews with local professional advisors as well as timely news and case studies
Leveraging the Charitable Impulse
A brochure describing common fund types and the benefits of giving with a community foundation
Estate Planning and the Common Good
A brochure that explores planned giving through a bequest, including benefits to donors, their heirs and their community
Sample Bequest Language
Sample language for leaving a bequest to the Northwest Connecticut Community Foundation
Deduction calculations are available for gift annuities, remainder unitrusts, remainder annuity trusts and lead trusts. These calculations are provided solely for educational purposes and are not professional tax or legal advice. Individuals should consult a qualified professional advisor about their specific situation.