Welcome to Donor Resources. Below are some frequently requested documents and forms. Please contact your Community Foundation staff if you have any questions.
The Year-end Giving Guide provides important information about making year-end gifts of stock transfers, wire transfers and checks. It also provides information about year-end grant recommendations from Community Foundation charitable funds.
Planning to Give
Gift Planner offers an explanation of the Standards of Practice by all individuals who work in the charitable gift planning process, gift planning officers, fundraising consultants, attorneys, accountants, financial planners, life insurance agents and other financial services professionals and the institutions that these persons represent.
The Community Foundation's Guide to Giving provides answers to questions that arise in conversations with thoughtful, creative givers like you. The Guide explores topics including:
• Is charitable giving important to me?
• Do I want to give many small gifts or fewer large gifts?
• How long do I want the impact of my gifts to last?
• Which types of gifts are best for me: cash, stock, insurance policies, in-kind, etc.?
• Should I consider a bequest in my will?
• Is my legacy something I care about?
Explore the Guide to Giving
Working with your advisor and the Community Foundation, you can include language in your will or trust specifying that a gift be made to the Northwest CT Community Foundation as part of your estate plan.
You can establish a fund by giving:
• a percentage of your estate
• a specific dollar amount or asset
• the balance or remainder of your estate
Review Sample Bequest Language
Options for Charitable Giving
Options for charitable giving provides a side-by-side comparison of the benefits of establishing a private foundation, creating a supporting organization and establishing a donor-advised fund at your Community Foundation.
Stock delivery provides detailed instruction for eligible securities transfers to your Community Foundation.