Year-end Giving Guide
If you are 70 ½ years old or older you can support the community you love and the causes that matter to you by transferring up to $100,000 per year from your IRA to the Community Foundation—without incurring federal income taxes today or estate and income taxes in the future.
How to Make Year-end Gifts
- Stock Transfers must be received in our brokerage account at Torrington Savings Bank by 4 PM EST, Wednesday, December 28, 2020. Download Stock Transfer Work Sheet
Contact Brad Hoar, V.P., Philanthropic Services, at 860 626 1245 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Checks must be postmarked by December 31, 2020. Please make checks out to Northwest Connecticut Community Foundation and write your fund name on the memo line.
- Wire Transfers should be wired from your financial institution on or before December 31, 2020.
Wire Transfer Information:
Bank Name: Torrington Savings Bank
Bank Short Name: Torrington Svgs Bk
Bank Street Address: 129 Main Street
Bank City, State, Zip Code: Torrington, CT 06790
Routing number: 211174165
Account number: 1702476870
Name/Address on Account: Northwest Connecticut Community Foundation, Inc., PO Box 1144,
Torrington, CT 06790
In addition to initiating your wire transfer with your bank, please also inform Brad Hoar, V.P. of
Philanthropic Services, at 860 626 1245 or email@example.com of the pending transfer.
- Online Gifts must be made by midnight EST, December 31, 2020, through the Community Foundation website Give to a Fund page. Click View all Funds. Funds are listed in alphabetical order.
Contact Nicole Easley, Communications Director, at 860 626 1245 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- Interested in giving a more Complex Charitable Gift? Contact Brad Hoar, V.P., Philanthropic Services, at 860 626 1245 or email@example.com.
Make Grants Requests
You can make grants online through DonorCentral. Log into your DonorCentral account from the Community Foundation’s website. If you are making a grant to an organization you have made a grant to previously, view your past grants from the home screen, and click the Make a Grant button for the desired nonprofit.
If you are making a grant to an organization you have not given to in the past, click on Make a Grant/Disbursement on the top navigation. Search for the nonprofit by name. Click on the Make a Grant button for the desired nonprofit. If you don’t see the nonprofit you are looking for, contact Nicole Easley, Communications Director, at 860 626-1245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grant recommendations submitted by December 15th will be processed for 2020. Grant recommendations submitted after December 15th will be processed in 2021.
Contact Nicole Easley, Communications Director, at 860-626-1245 or email@example.com with any DonorCentral questions.
If you have a number of grants to submit, use the Save for Later button, rather than the Submit button after checking I agree. You’ll be able to review your list of grants and submit them all together. This will result in a single confirmation email to you and a single email with your complete list to the Community Foundation.
As always, contact Community Foundation staff with any questions, concerns or comments at 860-626-1245 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to hear from you.